Ah, so I got nominated for the Liebster Award. Which I had no idea existed. Whatsoever. At all. So, yes, that took me by surprise. But by nice surprise, of course! And it’s all thanks to the lovely, talented Storyspiller! Make sure to give the blog a peek. If it counts for anything, it has my stamp of approval. Anyway, on with the (award)show!
The rules of this award:
1. Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 blogs.
5. Notify those blogs of the nomination.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer
1. What is the first moment you remember from your life?
I honestly don’t know if this is a true memory or not, but I have a very vivid memory of crying in my stroller, staring up at the sky, having lost my pacifier, supposed to sleep, but now upset that nobody can hear me and haven’t picked me up…. Like I said; I have no idea if this is fabricated or not, but regardless, it’s there in my memory.
2. What was your last milestone?
… Paying my bills, feeling real good at adulting.
3. What is your favorite cuisine?
Danish traditional cuisine, particularly fish.
4. If you could give a speech to the whole world what would you talk about?
Not myself. For the love of god, not myself.
5. Do you like fried or baked?
I just… love food… both fried and baked.
6. Brown or white rice?
White for Asian dishes, definitely. And for fish. Brown for, well, meats?
7. Favorite disney movie?
Beauty and the Beast – no other contender for the spot. Also, I’m a feminist by nature, so no, don’t get me started on the Stockholm Syndrome debate here.
8. Who’s your favorite author?
Hmmm. Maybe if I had a starting letter, I could choose from the dozens of authors that I wholeheartedly love? No? Let’s see… Stephen King for horror, Diana Gabaldon for historical romance/drama/sci-fi, Neil Gaiman for whatever the hell his core genre is, Laurell Hamilton for supernatural, Charlotte Brönte and William Faulkner and Ray Bradbury for classical lit, Lisa See for historical with Asian focus, Jay Kristoff for YA (the only YA author I’ll read nowadays), Ai Yazawa for manga…… erm… yeah, I better stop now…
9. What kind of magazines do you read?
Online literary ones. But I was never that great of a magazine reader, truth be told. Do comics count as books or magazines? Or, wait, they’d be a genre on their own, wouldn’t they?
10. If you could go anywhere where would you go?
Into a book. Or computer game. Or a movie. Anything with a good, fantastical narrative.
11. If you had your own mythical animal which one would it be? (Animals from books count)
Don’t know if this counts as a mythical “animal”, per se, but here goes: the specific yōkai from Japanese folklore that floats around and licks ceilings. I’d like to float around and lick the ceilings of my enemies.
11 Random facts ’bout me:
- I paint as a secondary hobby.
- I’m a master of lies.
- I decided to learn Japanese recently… I now live to regret it.
- I’m a longtime lover of K-pop and K-drama. (And J. And Chinese.)
- I love writing to the flicker and flame of candlelight.
- I wish I dared taking singing lessons.
- I also wish I knew how to ride a horse.
- I have weird, soft nails that grows in curves rather than straight.
- I recently chopped off half of my hair, including every last bit of dye. I now carry my own hair color for the first time since thirteen years old. And the color is not at all what I spent the last fourteen years thinking it was, meaning boring and bland. What a waste of money, right?
- I began my writing career as a writer of fanfiction.
- I prefer craft beer to white wine, but I prefer red wine to white wine.
Blogs I nominate:
- What is your favorite type of weather?
- Do you like licorice – as in, real black licorice?
- What other language(s) do you wish to learn?
- What is the most comforting sound you can think of right now?
- Have you ever considered a name change for whatever reason?
- Which book do you hate the most?
- Who’s your favorite author?
- Christmas or New Years?
- Travel by plane or by ferry?
- What color highlighting pen do you prefer?
- If you could live a day of no consequences, what misdeed would you do first?
That’s it! I’ve not been very active lately, but this nomination finally seemed to set things into gear once more. It was super fun, too! And as for the blogs I’ve nominated, I’m crossing my fingers that you choose to participate in this bit of innocent fun. Promoting each other, especially fledgling and growing bloggers, is an honorable thing to spend one’s time on, is it not? As far as I understood, the blogs that I nominate has to have less than 1000 followers, so even if they aren’t actually new in terms of time, they are new in terms of deserved recognition. And new to me, as well, and hopefully now new to you!